Another year down in the books, and I must say. I had an eventful year.
- Freelance Photography. Over the summer I was very successful of making money as a Freelancer Photographer. Most of the money was from Thumbtack. I was told by a co-worker about it and decided to give it a try and found it to be beneficial. I had a quite of few clients from it. I was also able to get a few clients from word of mouth and even booked a wedding event.
- Portfolio Building/Networking - I continued to build my photography portfolio and made a massive amount of connections, and acquaintances especially through Instagram.
- Category Winner of Pursuit of Portraits. The most prominent highlights for me was winning a category in a Social Media competition in Pursuit of Portraits.
- Photo Assisting. I was a photo assistant for a famous photographer, Alejandro Ibarra at the Trevor Live event where I encountered many celebrities and photographing. I also shot Love and Hip Hop star Tahiry Jose.
- Eden Contemporary Art Gallery. I was able to showcase my portrait work for the Eden Contemporary Art Gallery show, created by my friend Damabel. The photos I produce made me realize what types of images I wanted to present and start branching out my aesthetic.
Unfortunately 2018 will be the first year without my dog and my Uncle who passed away in 2017. It was definitely the most difficult time I had to endure.
2017 was a revelation for me and as time goes by I start to figure which is the right path for me. In the past, I was trying to do what everyone else was doing as a next big came up but started to ignore what I wanted at a young age.
Photography is something still new to me. Yes I have been doing it for several years now, and it has something I became great at and even made money off, but deep down inside ultimately it isn't what I was destined to do. At the age of 12, I knew what I wanted to do and unlike anything else. I knew I wanted to be an Author and I believe that is what I want to focus on primarily.